Sunday, November 29, 2015

A long time coming

So, it's been a long time since I posted anything. I want to say thank you to my loyal readers (if indeed you're are actually out there), for your tremendous patience. It's literally almost been a year since I posted anything. That's not to say I haven't had any content. In that year, I stayed home for the summer, took my kids to the beach for the first time (by myself), made my own recycled diaper cover, taught my family that eating out can mean eating outside, potty trained the Elf, really learned how to thrift, learned how to budget, and dropped a ton of baby weight.
I can happily say that I am wearing clothes I haven't worn for 5 years. It's been a tremendously busy year because I took on the role of breadwinner for a while and then embraced stay at home mommy-hood. Things are looking a little brighter, though, as the holidays approach.
My husband has been working as a temp since about March or April. They finally gave him an offer letter last Wednesday. So, it's been a trying but enlightening financially.
As for the Elf and Monkey, they are in a new preschool as of September. They are really  enjoying their classes. It's great that they are in separate classes and have their own friends. We are even spending more time with their cousin. They really have grown a lot. The Elf is, as mentioned before, potty trained now. That was my summer project. Then when she started preschool, she really started talking. She can also ride her tricycle  now. The monkey, on the other hand, has learned to read and write letters and short words, as well as, to cut and glue. We just need to fine tune his skills now. I can't wait for him to really start reading.
As the year comes to a close, I must really give credit where it's due. We are practicing Christians (non-denominational, to be exact) and have learned a ton this year about finances, our marriage, and parenting. But more precisely, I want to say that God has taught me a lot about taking care of my family, wisdom with money, frugality, and gratitude. It is because God wants to bless us that we have what we need and because we love him we serve him. He truly has taken care of us this year. I have even asked Him to bring my heart to a place of forgiveness and reconciliation with my own father. I am truly blessed to even have the hope of doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment