Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolved

I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions, but I've decided to try 2 healthful practices. One I found out about while watching a program on public television. Drinking hot water with lemon every morning is supposed to have great health benefits. We shall see...
Although, if you do a search on Google quite a few sites pop up touting its benefits. For instance, La Jolla Mom has done plenty of research and summarizes the information in the following 10 points:

  1. Immune system boost
  2. pH balance
  3. weight loss help
  4. digestion aid
  5. Diuretic
  6. Clears skin
  7. Freshens breath
  8. Respiratory Problem Relief
  9. Good supply of Vitamin C
  10. Helps overcome coffee habit
While I do not need to overcome a coffee habit or lose weight right now, it seems that the health benefits for me are many. I have tried it 2 days so far, so it is too soon to tell what benefits, if any, I will experience.
The other practice is an Ayurvedic one for the health of the mouth. It's called oil pulling. My understanding is that it is kind of like swishing with mouthwash, but neither as rigorous nor as short. More information can be found if you Google Oil Pulling. My source is Oilpulling.com, but do your research carefully as there is probably just as much misinformation out there as there is correct.
I have not started this practice yet, but I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment