Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not Bleach

The wonders of non bleach cleaning are amazing!

Unfortunately I did not take a before picture, but I can assure you that it was in desperate need of cleaning.
How did I do it? Well, I already use a hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice concoction as a bleach alternative in the laundry, so I just added a cup of vinegar to my normal mix. Then I just put the stopper in the sink and let it soak. After it was done, I used half a lemon and some coarse salt to scrub it clean.
Voilá! Clean sink. Note, though, that I do not recommend this combination for the laundry. Adding vinegar boosts the sanitizing power such that it will irritate the skin.

Recipe:
2 c. Hydrogen peroxide 3/4 c. Lemon juice 1 c. vinegar

The basic ratio is 1/3 c. lemon juice to 1 c. hydrogen peroxide. Increase as needed to fill sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment