Monday, February 6, 2012

Why thrifting is so awesome!

This post is more of a ramble than anything else.
Today, I went to deposit a check at the Credit Union and decided to walk to the Goodwill thrift store (link to map) across the street. Counterproductive, I know. Anyway, I was looking for a tray to use to serve tea when guests come over since the one I have is dwarfed by my teapot. Yesterday, we visited the Keepers Goodwill location in South County, and I found two there. The only problem was, I didn't love them. So when I saw the black one with cats and bows, I knew I had to have it. It has handles on the sides and will work with either of my European style teapots or my Japanese Tetsubin.

Among my other finds is a small cosmetics train case (ala Caboodles). I've been using a couple plastic pencil boxes to carry my portable sewing kit that I take out when I use my sewing machines so that I don't have to drag out my entire large sewing kit. It's just so much easier to travel with, but I digress. The train case is the perfect size to fit all my essentials and even has the little pockets and elastic loops on the side to hold some things upright. It's a little beat up looking, but I'm not using it for stuff I put on my face.

Lastly, I found this double tier Michael Graves lazy susan for my kitchen table (pink tag item, not pictured). The table is tiny, so something that can expand what little space there is provides a great service.

The best thing about all this is that it was only around $15. The tray was originally $8, but since it was a yellow tag item, it was 50% off.

The Thrift Shopper.com has links to many thrift stores nation wide, so you can find one near you! Please share your comments, and sign the guestbook. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment