Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wishing for Pixi Dust


Pixi Belle At Target
Original Image clipped from Target website
What's a girlie mamma to do?! I stumbled upon this make up palette at Target the other day. If you know me, you know I am a Tinkerbell fan, but not just any Tink. She has, unfortunately gotten rather cliche and a bit ugly recently. Case in point, if you look closely at some of the mass merchandise at a certain  _Mart, which shall remain nameless, the pixi's face is deformed looking or her smile is just plain wrong! When you go back to Disney's portrayal of Tink, she is sassy rather than commonplace. She exudes an aura of elegance and feistyness that is absent from those images. Forgive me, I shall soon get off my pixie dust covered soap box.
If my memory serves, the Peter Pan movie was produced around mid-century, a time in which women excelled at glamor, elegance, and grace. The images produced these days, coupled with sayings like "spoiled" or "it's all about me" tattooed all over, rob Tink of her personality.
But then there is that rare jewel... My "Tink Coture" shirt, and this palette I found at Target. It is simply a relief that not everything Tink is ugly any more! I want it simply for the picture of the lovely Tinkerbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment