Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shopping the Thrift Jungle with a Monkey


Image courtesy of Sammy Davis- How to Avoid Bedbugs

A Crock pot?!

So yesterday I decided I would go to the thrift store to try to find another crock pot. Baaaad idea! The crock, of the little one I had, cracked beyond use. *Sad face, as it was the perfect size* Instead of just a crock pot, I came home with 3 sweaters, a button down shirt, 4 board books, a baby friendly laptop, and a crock pot. Hopefully this one will last a little longer. I actually use it for a chili recipe that I found here. I'm not a fan of chili, but I like the sweet and smokey flavors of this vegan variety. I also plan to use it Monday because, wonder of wonders, I work. But I digress...

Yeah for sales!

Luckily for me, the most expensive sweater was $2.50 and the button down was $4.50 thanks to the Winter clearance sale at Savers. Unfortunately, it ends today. It amazes me how every single stinkin' time I go to a thrift store, I find something. Last time, it was the Prince Lionheart Travel Wipes Warmer that I am kicking myself for not getting at a ridiculously low price (half off retail). I suppose I should actually put into practice the steps I've been blogging about... like... setting a time limit, but that would make sense, right?

But, Help!

At the very least, I got some nice outfits out of the stuff I bought. It may be a bit before I can wear the light blue pullover, as I am still nursing until about August or so. That's all well and good, but I don't have a lot of money to start with, and I am trying to unlearn a year of very carefree spending. It's already taken 4 years and I am still not completely there yet.

My request is simple ( and I know more that just one other person reads this): 

Please share how you avoid overspending, especially you girlie girls who like to shop!
I know you are out there, and I know it probably involves a lot of common sense, but please do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment