Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So, it's been a while

I have had to take a small break from blogging, but now I'm back.
For those of you who don't know, I'm a substitute teacher. I work in a school district that requires a minimum number of work days in order to return to work the next school year. It's not a lot, but this year I had to deal with numerous flakey babysitters before I finally decided to take Monkey Z to a day care on the days I work.
So, May was full of craziness trying to meet my quota. I just barely made it. I even had to cancel my very last day of work because Monkey Z got the stomach flu from daycare.<br>
The good news is that, provided I return my letter of intent on time, I just worked enough days to go back to work in the fall.
So, now I have the summer to hang out with Monkey Z and do fun stuff... Like bike riding. But he's only 11 months you say? That's what our fantastic new (to us) bike trailer is for. Can I just tell you how great it is? It has the capacity for two, but if you have one, they sit in the middle.
It also can be a stroller, jogging stroller, and transport the children hiking and skiing, too. We don't have the attachments for those, though. Anyway, I took the monkey in it for the first time yesterday. He liked it I think. He fell asleep on the way home. We didn't go too far, but it gave me a chance to get out without having to use gas or be limited to where I can walk.
Well, my time is short. At the moment, Monkey Z is complaining about naptime: either that he doesn't want one or that he didn't get one. Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment