Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Free products? Why not!

Surprise!

Today, after taking Monkey Z for a walk, I returned home to my husband who handed me a package. Recently, I bought something from Ebay, but I already received it. So, I was perplexed as to what it might be.

Free Gift!?

I opened it, and to my delight, it was a free gift I'd sent away for. Typically, I'm a "department store gift with purchase junkie", but I don't make very much discretionary income of late. So this time, I saw the offer in a magazine (Real Simple or InStyle). I normally don't try for that type of offer, but I figured that I needed to purchase some of the items anyway. All I had to do was photograph my receipt and forward it to the e-mail address listed. Naturally, with offers like that the suppliers place limits on how many are available, so I was totally expecting to not receive anything. I don't think they could have made it any easier, though.
So, when I opened up the package, I found that some of the products are full size! These include a night cream, nail polish, and sunscreen. Others are samples, but some are better than none. Good for travel, too.

Contents

Here's what I received (left to right; top to bottom) as shown in the picture.
  • Aveeno Nourish + Strengthen shampoo & conditioner
  • ROC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream
  • Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Hair Spray
  • Rusk Multi W8less Leave-in Treatment
  • Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 30
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Kook-a-mango
  • Neutrogena Naturals Multi-vitamin night cream
  • Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100

The Verdict

The nail polish is a gorgeous, bright summery color that I can't wait to try out. Also, I am curious about the night cream, too. I've always struggled to be consistent with beauty routines; thus, never bothering to invest much time or effort into them. So, we shall see. The leave in treatment looks interesting, too. It claims to work as heat protection. Again, we shall have to see.

And, you?

Not bad for freebees, right? So, have you sent away for free stuff/samples just for the heck of it? What did you get?


No comments:

Post a Comment