Sunday, July 8, 2012

Monkey's Chariot

We've had this thing for a bit now and both B-chan and I have been able to use it. Now that B-chan and I both have the bike hookup, either one of us can go out with the Monkey.
I like it because I can go to Target and be able to bring home a purchase, albeit a small one. Coincidentally, I also bought a picnic basket cooler that fits into the basket on the back of my bike. This will allow me to get cold food or bring food for z safely. In fact, the rear basket is similar to what I saw in Japan. I actually got it at a Marukai before it closed. I digress, so back to the chariot.
It is a high end trailer that sells at REI. It also can be adapted for jogging, strolling, hiking and even XC skiing! My parents would have loved this when my sister was little.
Anyway, we only have the jogging, strolling and biking attachments, but they are enough for me. I probably won't use the jogging attachment until at least baby # 2, but even then my neighborhood isn't really conducive to jogging in the first place. The strolling attachment, on the other hand, is quite useful. It stores on the trailer while biking, then can be used while out at whatever destination. Pretty nifty idea. At the moment, I take Monkey Z out of the trailer so that he can get exercise, but I'm sure it will come in handy soon.
The other cool thing about the trailer is that the family we got it from, bought the infant sling. I know that will come in handy for baby #2 but even for cousins and friends, too.
The absolute best thing about the trailer is the price. Retail is well over an in attainable $1000. God bless the honest people who sell on Craigslist because they are the ones who make it possible for us to have stuff like this at half price.




No comments:

Post a Comment