Friday, September 21, 2012

Endeavouring to See



Today I spent the day teaching, as guest teachers sometimes do, at Dr. C. C. Violette Elementary School in Garden Grove, California. Read: down the street from Disneyland and within great viewing distance for Endeavour's final tour over California before, literally, landing at the California Science Center in Los Angeles. Yes. Yes, I was one of the lucky ones who got to witness the flyby (while getting paid, too boot!)
I can add this to the memorable experiences I've had at various jobs: watching Anaheim Angels World Series victory Parade, watching as the 2nd tower went down in New York, and now this!
It was great to see a piece of history fly by. I mean, I witnessed the Challenger tragedy as a student excited about the first teacher going into space, but this was the end of an era. Farewell, NASA. Thank you for ending on a happy note! See the rest of my album at Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment