Monday, December 17, 2012

Pearly Pachyderm Present

Our annual gift exchange is coming up this Wednesday. The limit is $10, and since my randomness gift got stolen about 3 times last year, I thought I'd try again. This year I am including napkins that I embellished with my new toys from E-bay. I have two different exchanges to go to, so it should be interesting, at the very least.
After the monogrammer and buttonholer, I purchased the remaining tophat stitch cams to complete my set. Some of you may know about Betti, my Singer 503 Rocketeer. It's the one I used for the stitching. It's quite convenient in the desk, but the Christmas decorations encroach a bit on my sewing space.
I have a Singer 500, too, but its having electrical difficulties, even after an attempt to remedy it by my awesome repair guy. I figured I would get the remaining cams so that I could use either machine with all possible stitches. I digress...
I used a couple different stitches to make a simple border on one. On the other, I stitched a simple applique word in coordinating colors. I think it turned out quite cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment