Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sopa de Calabacita Italiana (creamy Italian squash soup)

Picture from Pati's Mexican Table

Want a great recipe? Need a creamy soup that's vegetarian? Check out this recipe from Pati's Mexican Table.
Pati is a chef featured on on of the local public television stations. I came across her recipe while resting during one of the monkey's naps. It seemed easy enough, and actually came out very tasty. For me, I left out the Jalepenos and forgot the pepper. If you like spice, I suggest you add in some sort of chile pepper.
I also did not have the mexican cheese she chose for the recipe, so I just topped it with what I had, colby jack.
Sorry, there is no picture from my dinner. The pictures on her website do a much better job of showing the soup than my little cell phone camera. I did serve it with chicken that I seasoned with cumin, garlic salt with parsley, and pepper. My husband ate the meal with some whole wheat bread that I toasted.
Even the monkey liked it! I'd say it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment