Sunday, March 12, 2017

What's in your (Mommy) Purse?


Chances are good that, if you are a mommy, the contents of your purse have changed since the birth of your child. Granted, it has been a while since I started this post, but let's get to it!

The Mommy

Things I carry now...

  • Wallet, keys
  • Cell phone, extra battery power, bluetooth headset, earbuds
  • Extra "fun" lenses for my cell camera and selfie light that a friend got me
  • Happy Life planner (personal size) for planning out my dinners, weeks, volunteer time, honey-do, & work schedule
  • Martha Stewart Discbound Jotlet notepad (because I love anything with the discs)
  • 5 function pen (each color has a purpose), multifunction pen with stylus top, multicolor pen for color coding events in the calendar (no, 3 is not enough and yes, I like color).
  • Glasses (because I'm old now)
  • Polarized sunglasses (no teacher should be without them for yard duty)
  • Small hand towel for each child and myself. They hate the loud "green" hand dryers
  • Surprisingly, (at least to me) I am still carrying a change of clothes and wipes for the monkey. At nearly 6 years out, I thought we'd be over this...
  • Personal Bag (my life saver often times!)
    • lint remover
    • Juice Beauty Tinted lip balm with SPF 8
    • Tide stain stick (mostly for me, but it helps with the elf)
    • gloves (for cpr)
    • glass nail file
    • Purse hanger
    • oil blotter sheets
    • Nutri Nail cuticle butter stick
    • Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
    • Forever 21 Love Struck roll on fragrance
    • Pacifica Island Vanilla roll on and spray
    • Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes
    • Alba Botanica Clear travel stick deodorant 
    • Pill box with earrings
    • Pill box with bobby pins & hair pins
    • Mini bottle hand lotion
    •  Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick
    • Softlips spf 20 vanilla lip balm
There you have it! I feel more like myself again after almost 6 years since the first one. We still bring an activity bag that has certainly changed over the years. The elf will be 4 at the end of May and is fully potty trained, even at night. the Monkey... Well, we're working on it.

The Kiddos

As for the activity bag, I generally try to keep it low tech. We have given our old phones to our kids so they can use them for educational apps or the camera; other than that, just the change of clothes and wipes.
On Tuesday nights, we usually go out to our church small group meeting and we've been taking a tub of Duplo blocks for the 3-5 year olds to play with, along with the old standby paper and coloring tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment