Wednesday, June 24, 2020

From bowl to chandelier

So, I found this bowl at Burlington...

And I knew I had to have it for my office.
My office is not devoid of light, style maybe, but not light. There is a west facing window, so ambient natural light abounds during the day. Rather, it is devioid of stylish or even useful light, save one Ott Light desk lamp. That is about to change, at least the stylish part.
Ok, for all you haters out there, this is my office, with my style aesthetic; I didn't ask you for a reason. There, now that that is done...

Materials
Said bowl from Burlington
Jewelry connectors? From Joann's
Chain, also from Joann's
Pliers (2 recommended)


Steps
  1. Measure how low bowl is to hang, and measure out the same amount of chain.
  2. Open chain with pliers.
  3. Attach one end of chain to bowl and close chain.
  4. Attach other end of chain to connector (ring) and close chain.
  5. Repeat for a total of 3 chains/rings.
  6. Hang rings on screws of existing light fixture.
  7. Admire your upgrade!
Once again, from this

And this

(Where I should be inserting the unphotographed before picture of the plain, boring, builder grade, and a sundry other adjectives I cannot think of while in tremendous back pain from clearing out said office light fixture)

To this...




No comments:

Post a Comment